A cookie is a file that is downloaded onto your computer when you access certain websites. Amongst other things, cookies permit a website to store and retrieve information on the user’s or their computer’s browsing habits and, depending on the information they contain and the way you use your computer, can serve to recognise the user. The user’s browser stores cookies on the hard drive only during the current session, occupying minimum memory space and not harming the computer. Cookies do not contain any kind of specific personal information, and the majority of cookies are deleted from the hard drive when the browsing session ends (so-called “Session cookies”).
Most browsers accept cookies by default, while allowing users to enable or disable temporary or persistent cookies through their security settings.
Unless you give your express consent by enabling cookies in your browser, Rivers will not link any data stored with the personal details you provide when registering or making a purchase.
What types of cookies are used on this Website?
– Technical cookies: These enable Users to browse a website, platform or application and to make use of the different options or services offered on it. For example, they can monitor traffic and the communication of data, identify the browser session, enable access to restricted areas, remember items in an order, complete an order process, make an application for registration or participation in an event, use security features whilst browsing, store content for streaming videos or audio, and share content via social media.
– Personalisation cookies: These allow the User to access the service with certain predefined general characteristics according to a series of criteria on the user’s terminal such as, for example, the language, the type of browser through which the service is accessed, the regional settings from where the service is accessed, etc.
– Analytical cookies: These are either processed by us or by third parties and enable us to quantify the number of Users and thereby measure and perform statistical analyses on the usage Users make of the services on offer. How you browse our Website is analysed to improve the range of products and services we offer.
– Advertising cookies: These are either processed by us or by third parties and enable the most effective management possible of the advertising space on the Website, tailoring the advert content to the content of the service requested or to the use made of our Website. For this purpose, we may analyse your browsing habits on the Internet and show you advertising relevant to your browsing profile.
– Behavioural advertising cookies: These enable the most effective management possible of the advertising spaces that, where applicable, the editor has included on a website, application or platform from where the requested service is provided. These cookies store information on users’ behaviour that has been gathered through the continual monitoring of their browsing habits, making it possible to develop a specific profile to show targeted advertising.
Third-party cookies: The Rivers.com Website may use third-party services which, on behalf of Rivers, will gather information for statistical purposes on the use of the Website by Users and to provide other services related to the Website’s activity and other Internet services.
(On this point, the Spanish Data Protection Agency suggests including each of the third-party cookies used and details about these third-party cookies. For obvious reasons, in this model only those of Google have been included on the use of Analytics owing to this being the most widespread and commonplace.)
You can allow, block or delete cookies installed on your computed using the settings options installed on your computer:
If you have any queries regarding this Cookies Policy, you can contact Rivers on firstname.lastname@example.org